Over the weekend, I spent a few hours re-writing my blog template so that it uses nothing but XML, XSLT, and CSS (with no tables). The idea is that I could completely separate presentation from content, and all presentation (CSS and XSLT) will be applied at the user’s browser. This way, each localweb browser will automatically cachethe presentation bits, and all that actually gets downloaded when I change something is the XML (RSS) file.
It worked beautifully on IE. I expected some problems with Netscape/Mozilla, but I was disappointed to find that they still do not support linking to CSS post-transform via the tag. Eventually I found a workaround, though — just use